walkofftheearth: Their Latest !
A few months ago Google was in Edmonton with the Google trike, travelling the trails as well as some special locations around the city. Check out these exciting new views.
Edmonton Valley Zoo
- Arctic Wolves playing in their enclosure - http://goo.gl/maps/BL71T
- Lucy out and about - http://goo.gl/maps/GwoYC
- The paddle boat pond - http://goo.gl/maps/425ue <http://goo.gl/maps/FHhwI>
- Arctic Shores Play Park - http://goo.gl/maps/WjBWK
- Arctic Shores, trainers and Seal - http://goo.gl/maps/qsPvp
- Children’s Zoo - http://goo.gl/maps/WJxeS
Edmonton City Hall
- Fountain and pyramid - http://goo.gl/maps/xZTkC
- Fountain - http://goo.gl/maps/YHlZM
- The Gravy Boat - http://goo.gl/maps/duSQx
- Churchill Square - http://goo.gl/maps/tKp8A and http://goo.gl/maps/C9eFl – and wide angle http://goo.gl/maps/SP3Mx
- Taste of Edmonton booths - http://goo.gl/maps/S8Lqp and http://goo.gl/maps/HAhN1
Stanley A. Milner Library
- Front Entrance - http://goo.gl/maps/8Ck9q
- Library Court Yard - <http://goo.gl/maps/YNT6e> http://goo.gl/maps/sCqIj <http://goo.gl/maps/sCqIj > <http://goo.gl/maps/sCqIj > and <http://goo.gl/maps/F3tmT> http://goo.gl/maps/DbavL
- Muttart Entrance - http://goo.gl/maps/oYdQv and http://goo.gl/maps/J00hw
- The Pyramids - http://goo.gl/maps/tsv1g and http://goo.gl/maps/42oyj and http://goo.gl/maps/ZOy2z
- The pyramids and greenhouse - http://goo.gl/maps/oZUEl
- I don’t know what this is called - http://goo.gl/maps/Fdjsd
Edmonton River Valley
- Louise McKinney Park
- Pedestrian Bridge
- Henrietta Louise Edwards Park
- Hawrelak Park
- Pedestrian Bridge - http://goo.gl/maps/T4mna
- Random good Trail shots
Fort Edmonton Park
- Inside the Fort - http://goo.gl/maps/kboRr and http://goo.gl/maps/rPZrG
- Fort Wall and Entrance - http://goo.gl/maps/DHRYT
- 1885 Street - http://goo.gl/maps/cBGw8
- 1905 Street - http://goo.gl/maps/6Dx6p
- 1920 Street - http://goo.gl/maps/xuI3d
- Carousel - http://goo.gl/maps/0G3yP
- Train Station - http://goo.gl/maps/WIw4P
( FULL DISCLOSURE )
My wife Ruth Moore is an incredible women, she is so passionate about making sure newcomers to our wonderful country are supported, integrated and most of all encouraged. Ruth is responsible for a weekly blog ( http://eriecedmonton.wordpress.com/ )with Eriec.ca - you really need to read it, it is about you and me and all of us. I encourage everyone who reads this to get involved as a mentor / coach.
I have the joy of experiencing Ruth’s passion, I have coached and mentored many International professionals - it is so Fulfilling a complete JOY. When you have the opportunity to lend a hand to someone who is starting new, you are part of their life, part of their futre and welcomed as a member of their family.
You have knowledge and experience and talents - Why not use that to drive our country forward - be part of our future- What are you waiting for.
I have noticed a very interesting and curious trend in business around Edmonton. Jeans are making a come back !
When I say that I don’t mean just for Rodeo days and not just on Fridays, Jeans are showing up during the week. As I travel the streets in the Edmonton downtown I see jeans, usually with a blazer or a suit jacket. These are nice jeans, designer jeans, jeans with style and jeans with attitude.
I have been in the corporate world for 28 years and during that time I have seen many trends come and go. Many people would say, dress for success, dress for the culture. I wonder is the culture shifting, is business culture changing ?
So what if it is, do you care, will you engage, will you maintain status quo, does any of this matter at all.
Fashion is a very individual thing yet at the same time it is individual it is also guided and influenced by the crowd. Do you find the people around you adding jeans to their corporate wardrobe during the week ?
There is no right or wrong with this, there just is what people choose to do. So take a look around, is the culture of corporate dress changing, is this only happening in Edmonton or is it showing up elsewhere in the world ?
When culture shifts - Who notices ?
We are at a nexus of transformation in society - globally, nationally and locally. Every day we experience the rapid change in all aspects of our lives. As a City, Edmonton is a leader in respect to Open Government and access to information, #opendata, Social Engagement as well as our passion to exploit our investment in technology to serve our citizens !
At this time leaders in our world are focussing an exciting plan to transform our nations and our world. If you are not aware of #OGP check out the Open Government Partnership and note that Canada has committed to participate in this work. The Nations are gathering in Brazil in April 2012 to continue to move the Open Government agenda forward. Our Federal leaders are planning on being present to represent our country, and we also have an opportunity to have representatives at this event on behalf of Civil Society.
As noted in his recent Blog Post David Eaves is offering to be the Civil Society representative for Canada, and to encourage others to join him on this mission. I am expressing my 100% support and endorsement for David Eaves as the Canadian Civil Society representative. I also encourage those reading this post to go David’s blog and review his request and if you feel that you can also endorse him you email him as requested.
I have known David for a number of years, have worked with him and also been watching him and his work. I have said many times and I will say it again, I believe David is Canada’s preeminent voice in our country on Open Government, he is so passionate about the possibilities available to our country through “OPEN”, acting as a catalyst at local, provincial/territorial and national levels - supporting, encouraging and challenging. David is not shy to hold us all to account, to move us to a new level or responsibility and destiny for our great nation.
David I KNOW you will be in Brazil and I also KNOW that you will continue to rally leaders in our country to up our game and lead into this open world !
Chief Information Officer
City of Edmonton